In the U. S., beds that are bigger than cribs and cradles, but have a mattress smaller than a twin sized mattress, are called toddler beds. Most car themed headboards are designed as toddler beds, however there are a few that will accommodate a twin mattress. I recycled an old VCR rewinder shaped like a sports car for this next project. Although it was missing a few parts, I thought it would be a very nice car bed for a small doll. All it needed was a bit of cleaning, bedding and a place inside a doll's bedroom in order to serve a new purpose. Do not over stuff the mattress in this case, the heads bump up the padding and make sure that the cording is safely removed. I sewed a simple blanket using a car novelty print for this little bed. Now the finished bed looks as though it were made for a child's room in a doll house. Little car beds are not as popular as they on...
Comments
Post a Comment